Habit 6: Positive Attitude from The “Habits for Well-Being” Series
Do you approach each day with positivity and gratitude? There is no doubt that many of us are bombarded with negativity every day. It is important to rise above that negativity and approach your day with a positive attitude.
Having a positive mental attitude and embracing your current moment with gratitude can have amazing benefits for both your mental and physical health.
Benefits such as:
- Increased productivity and positive energy
- Increased motivation, curiosity, and creativity
- Lower rates of depression
- Improved relationships with others
- Improved immunity and resistance to illnesses
- Feelings of joy and contentment
- More optimism about the future
- Greater resilience in difficult times
- Increased life span
Embrace Uncertainty and Find Possibilities
Life can be full of surprises, some positive and some negative. It is important to embrace the uncertainty that comes with life and look for possibilities instead of focusing on the negatives. A positive attitude combined with gratitude for your current moment can help you stay positive in times of difficulty, find creative solutions to problems, and open up new pathways for JOY. By embracing uncertainty and looking for opportunities, you will be able to better navigate through life’s ups and downs while taking advantage of all the wonderful possibilities it has to offer.
Express Gratitude for Your NOW
The first step to developing a positive attitude is being thankful for what you have, instead of dwelling on what you don’t. Gratitude helps us appreciate our present moment and all its abundance, no matter how small it may be. Consider the small things you most likely take for granted as simple as running hot water, electricity, shelter, food, and LIFE.
By expressing gratitude regularly, we can cultivate an attitude of resilience during difficult times as well as greater contentment with ourselves and others in everyday life. You can even find gratitude for that coworker that pushes your buttons and drives you nuts by being grateful for the challenge they provide you to overcome. They are part of your growth. They are part of YOU! Like it or not.
Start every day by writing down at least 3 gratitudes to cultivate an attitude of positive energy, resilience, and contentment. Here are some tips and ideas on things you may do to show gratitude:
- Write down three positive things that happened the day before.
- Write down three positive things you look forward to today.
- Be kind to yourself and others, appreciate the little things they do for you, and thank them when possible.
- Send positive vibes out into the universe by thanking those who helped shape your life in one way or another – from family members to teachers to mentors.
- Find joy in simple moments like a beautiful sunrise, taking care of plants in your garden , watching movies with friends etc.
- Meditate daily while focusing on the abundance in your life.
- Acknowledge your positive traits and celebrate small successes.
Final Thoughts on the Power of Positivity and Gratitude
As simple as this sounds we have all struggled with finding this positivity and gratitude at one time or another and will again throughout our life. There are many out there where chemical imbalances or extreme poverty make this even more difficult.
Please know I am in no way discounting those challenges. Far too much content out there makes having a positive attitude sound like a Nike ad with a tone of “Just Do It.”
I am fortunate enough and grateful that I don’t have those additional challenges. I acknowledge and accept your challenges and will always do my best to help in any way possible.
It is important to remember that positive thinking alone cannot solve all your problems. It is also essential to use positive thinking in combination with positive action. Take a few moments each day, or even daily rituals, to help keep positive thoughts and gratitude at the forefront
Having a positive attitude is essential for navigating life’s ups and downs. Expressing gratitude for your now, embracing uncertainty, looking for opportunities, being kind to yourself and others, practicing mindfulness, challenging negative thoughts, exercising regularly, connecting with people around you as well as taking regular breaks from technology are all key steps towards developing a positive mindset.
With these tips in mind, it’s time to start cultivating an attitude of resilience that will help us stay positive during difficult times while also appreciating our everyday abundance!
THANK YOU! I am very grateful that you spent a portion of your valuable time reading this article.